Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Early Breakfast

The other night, I drove the half hour drive to my new place. If you don't know anything about Fishers, IN, let me explain. Fishers is the type of town where- stereotypically- you have high end professionals and well-to-do families living. The moms are dressed all cutesy and make-upped just to go run errands. Everyone knows the type of town I am talking about. However, intermingled among the "Fishers type" you have people such as me. We just dont give a shit. There goes the neighborhood!
When I got close to the house I turned into Kroger and went to get essentials: peanut butter, jelly, bread, milk, cereal. Here I was walking among the Fisher's moms all done up while I am in an untucked BSU polo and khaki shorts, tired as hell with bags under my eyes and my hair in a wind blown pony tail. I got my stuff and went home to resume the unpacking of the house and a wonderful gourmet dinner of PB&J.

I woke up yesterday morning (late) and was rubbing my eyes when Rocky comes running in and jumps on the bed. He drops something on my lap. I look at it (up close cuz I'm not wearing my contacts) and realize that it is the butt-end piece of a loaf of bread. "Oh crap," I said and jumped up and went downstairs. In my mind's eye I saw pieces of bread scattered throughout the house that I would have to pick up piece by piece. When I got down the stairs I walked into the dining room...nothing. I walked into the living room...and I saw it. All that was left of that loaf of bread was the other butt-end piece of the loaf and a completely decimated wrapper. I just stared at it while Rocky panted beside me. "Are you freakin' kiddin' me?!" I asked the droopy dog face. "You ate the whole loaf!!!!!! I just bought that last night!" Ryan came down after me, saw the wrapper and the other butt-end piece of the loaf and started laughing. I told him it wasnt funny and immediately started to laugh too.
Moral of the story: Dogs don't like the butt-end pieces of bread either! Who knew?

No comments: