Friday, December 21, 2007

Dammit the Cat

This is Dammit. She is my cat from when I lived in Chattanooga. I adopted her from the Humane Society on a whim. I went with a friend of mine who was looking for a cat and I ended up getting one while she went home empty handed.

People always ask me, "You named your cat 'Dammit?!'" (usually while they are lauging.)
"Yep." I answer waiting for the inevitable next question.
"Why?" they ask, laughing.
"Because," I say matter-of-factly, " For the first two weeks I had her, I would come home to a bathroom strewn with toilet paper. Or, everything knocked off the top of my dresser or countertop. Usually she would choose to mess up stuff that would take me a bit to clean up. So I would usually come home and say, 'Dammit!' at what I found. After a few times of saying this, I would get a response of "Mew." Almost like "You called?"
So it just kinda worked out.

No comments: