Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jedi

The other morning, I rolled out of bed and started trudging around the bedroom, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and trying to figure out whether to a) shower first, or b) eat first. Now, I have to tell you that Ryan and I are complete opposites in the morning. Once his eyes open, he is all smiles and energy. I, on the other hand, need about 10 minutes wake up and decide if I am happy to be awake or not.
This morning, Ryan was egging me on about something and I was getting frustrated because I decided to be easily frustrated this particular morning. For some reason he was talking about his very famous Jedi powers. And I guess I was saying something kind of snide in that regard while I walked by the bed and wouldn't you know it, I banged the crap out of my knee. I hit that sweet spot on your patella that makes your eyes water, suck your breath in through your teeth, and renders you handicapped for about 2 minutes.
"You see." Ryan said. "I made you do that."

So proud, Yoda would be. :)

No comments: