Sunday, October 28, 2007

Meet the Flintstones

Yep, Ryan and I went to a Halloween party last night at some friends' house. We had a lot of fun. The party was Hollywood themed so you could go as a person or character. Ryan and I went back and forth as to what we would be. I was going to be Britney Spears with a bad wig and get a couple baby dolls that I would carry around with me while I would wear "faux-Chanel bug eye sunglasses," as I like to describe them. Every once in a while I would drop one of the babies and say, "Oops. I did it again." However, I figure that was in bad taste so I scratched that. Ryan is obsessed with the puppet used in the Saw movies and was determined to be that (we watched Saw 4 Friday night.) He wanted to get a tricycle from Goodwill and ride around with a tape recorder that would play one of the famous lines, "Oh yes. There will be blood." However, with no time left to make the costume he found a full outfit with mask for $130. Scratch that idea. So, we happened upon a pair of costumes that I thought would be hilarious.
We tried them on in a dressing room and when we saw each other, laughed our butts off. Done deal. I felt like a deranged Lucille Ball. We even thought of spray painting Rocky to be Dino, but then we would have to wash him later so we didnt. Would have been cute though.
There were a lot of great costumes there. It was a blast.



















This is Ryan and his best friend, Kyle. It was Kyle's party at his house two blocks from ours.


















I didnt know Indiana Jones was married to Jane Jetson?

That night, Nick Fletcher won the costume contest as Maverick from Top Gun. He made the entire costume by himself. His wife Anne was Holly Golightly and she said he worked on it for atleast one week. Way to go Fletch!

I cant remember this guy's name but he would crack me up by just looking at him. Cartoon characters were definitely represented at this party. His wife was Daphne.
It started as a pretty low key night and it definitely got a little crazier with certain "bartenders" that decided hard liquor was the way to go. Everyone had a great time. Here is a picture of me (after I tossed the wig cuz it itched my head) and Stacey, Kyle's wife. She was a Spartan cheerleader from SNL.

No comments: