Monday, January 21, 2008

Men

I recently received an email that was a video about a man with a cold. He was bundled up on the couch groaning like he had a terminal disease. These EMT-type guys come running in and assess the situation infront of the man's wife who is dressed and ready for the day. They scold her for not caring to his every need while he is in this pitiful state and give her a bell and say, "Give this to him. Everytime he rings this you must run to him and get whatever it is that he needs! It's important." The wife looks at the EMT-type man and says, "Well, what about me? I have the same cold." The EMT looks at her incredulously and says, "But you're a woman."

I had a similar incident yesterday. Ryan has a hacking cough and slight cold, and I really feel bad for him because he seems so uncomfortable and pitiful. So I went and got him some Dayquil and Nyquil to help him get comfy. No lie, he was lying in the bed and begging me to rub his temples for his headache. As I'm doing this he looks at me with big child-like eyes and says, "Why am I dying?"

I almost choked trying to stifle my laugh. Men...you gotta love them.

No comments: