Friday, August 28, 2009

The House!

Well, the house is almost done! They are just working on some odds and ends but all in all...it is finished! I can't believe it. Now that is really a house- no, OUR house- I'm just flabbergasted. Ryan, God bless him, has taken the reigns and is making sure everything is in order for our closing. He is on the phone with our loan counselor and mortgage broker constantly, in between calls from coaches and athletes. He said his main goal was to make sure I wouldn't get stressed out about all of it. He knows me so well.

I can feel the stress bubbling in my stomach and I know what it is. Fear. Irrational fear for the most part. I mean this is scary for me and exciting all in one. I love the house! I hate the amount of money involved! Not that we can't handle it by any means. We will be fine, but geez! Knowing that all this money we saved up for so long is gone in one afternoon (Sept. 8th) just makes me nauseated. Then I start to wonder about "what happens if...?" What happens if for some reason one or both of us lose our jobs, etc. But the return is what I focus on. I can picture Ryan, Rocky, Dammit, and I all in this house....maybe a few more additions down the road (wink, wink). I can see us living our lives here for a very long time. So I know it will be a really good thing.

If I don't go crazy first.


No comments: