Monday, August 31, 2009

Pissin' off Pulte

Ryan and I went to the house on Saturday to meet a guy about a fence in our new backyard. Our lot is a corner lot with a common area right behind it that no house will be built on. Score! You know how subdivisions are these days. They put up houses so fast and soooo close together. Your neighbor doesn't need to come over to borrow sugar, just stick your hand out a side window and you're in our house rooting through our pantry! Okay, okay, it's not that bad. Anyway, the fence guy was psyched about our lot because we are right next to the amenities center and there will be a lot of people passing our house. So, he is giving us a great deal with better wood than what we are paying for. Sweet.

However, the air conditioning unit is settling in the ground due to the foundation settling, so it's tilted about 40 degrees. And our kitchen sink sprung a leak so they had to rip up the hardwood floor and are drying everything out and replacing the hardwood. I didn't think much of it because hey, shit happens and it's getting all fixed this week. Ryan did think much of it. He fired off an email about it because the air conditioner wasn't mentioned to us on our weekly updates that we get, and he was concerned about the wood under our hard wood later on down the road. They are legitimate concerns and Ryan isn't one to really hold back on how he feels. I'm glad he is that way cuz I don't do confrontation so well (unless it is work related). So the construction manager fired one back. Nothing mean but both emails were to the point. But for me, I read into everything. So now I think the construction manager hates us and telling people we are "those people." He's probably not (WE'RE NOT THOSE PEOPLE I SWEAR!). Or he could not do as good of a job as normal or damage our house in some way. He won't though. These are just my irrational fears.

I just know he's gonna leave us a floater when we move in.

No comments: