Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mommy? Can I sleep in your bed tonight?

I had a nightmare last night. Well, first I had a fantastic dream...then I had a nightmare. My fantastic dream was me on stage at American Idol singing "Proud Mary" all Tina Turner-like. I was awesome. I brought the house down. I woke up from that one at 1:48a.m. and was very proud of myself. Major ego boost shrowded in horrible inaccuracies? Check! I know this because I can't sing for crap.

I went back to sleep and had a dream that Ryan had died. At least I think he died. I just remember being very sad and sitting in a room full of people in dark clothing. I remember wanting to see him or wanting him to be there with me but that it was impossible. It was kinda scary. I woke up from that one (thankfully) at 5:40am to my phone ringing and a major thunderstorm. I looked at the bed next to me and Ryan wasn't there. He was supposed to be coming back from an away game and should have been home around 3:00a.m., but his side of the bed was empty. My heart started racing and I could feel me holding my breath. I grabbed my phone and saw that he was calling me. Apparently their bus broke down and he was just now in his car heading back to the house. I told him to be extra careful- when I was sure I was actually awake. He made it home with no problem, and was just in time for me to have to get up and get ready for work. Maybe we will be able to hang out together again someday...

We'll say in April.

No comments: